- Goal identification: Where we work with the client to determine what goals the new website needs to fulfill. I.e., what its purpose is.
- Scope definition: Once we know the site’s goals, we can define the scope of the project. I.e., what web pages and features the site requires to fulfill the goal, and the timeline for building those out.
- Sitemap and wireframe creation: With the scope well-defined, we can start digging into the sitemap, defining how the content and features we defined in scope definition will interrelate.
- Content creation: Now that we have a bigger picture of the site in mind, we can start creating content for the individual pages, always keeping search engine optimization (SEO) in mind to help keep pages focused on a single topic. It’s vital that you have real content to work with for our next stage:
- Visual elements: With the site architecture and some content in place, we can start working on the visual brand. Depending on the client, this may already be well-defined, but you might also be defining the visual style from the ground up. Tools like style tiles, moodboards, and element collages can help with this process.
- Testing: By now, you’ve got all your pages and defined how they display to the site visitor, so it’s time to make sure it all works. Combine manual browsing of the site on a variety of devices with automated site crawlers to identify everything from user experience issues to simple broken links.
- Launch: Once everything’s working beautifully, it’s time to plan and execute your site launch! This should include planning both launch timing and communication strategies — i.e., when will you launch and how will you let the world know? After that, it’s time to break out the bubbly.
This includes the complete build-out of your website from basic pages to custom forms, questionnaires, eCommerce capabilities, shop integrations, responsive development, custom site functionality, language translations, and any critical development assets including SSL Certificate set up.
Our website design packages comes standard with hosting and maintenance service. We take care of all this on your behalf, giving you peace of mind that your website is performing optimally while allowing you the time to get on with running your business.
Here is our process of getting your project completed:
Frequently Ask Questions
There’s not one single answer to this question. A website design is quoted based on the needs of each individual project. Every website is unique and requires different components; we design and develop affordable websites specifically for your small business. We’ll ask a lot of questions, assess your needs, and give you a quote based on that assessment. Most of our sites run in the £750 -£3,500 range, but can be more or less depending on needs.
By hosting with Media Design, you get unlimited website support and site update.
Yes, more people are accessing the web via small screens than ever, and the trend is likely to carry on. Every website we create is mobile responsive.